Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello,
    I opened a ticket since all the cool guys are banned. I gave them the link to the website, hoping they will contact you guys.

Yeahgood22

Well it looks like EB is denying the appeals. LOL
    Such garbage.
    It's ashamed servers can not be ranked without punkbuster running.
    Just my opinion, PB sucks. There is much better cheat detect software now days.
    This shit is just funny. Players with dmg mods/aimbots get to play. Players that do not cheat and have shitty stats get banned.
    Nice work EB. You guys rock!
    No wonder all the new games do not use PB now days.

Ruk

Oh wow, are you serious ?!
    I know Topsec, can't play on any servers for Bf3 now... Are they killing the player base so people start playing newer games ? This stinks really bad, bro.
    Anyway, thanks for everything bro and it's been nice playing with some of you oldies lol.

Yeahgood22

What they have basically told me is that I'm either hacking but don't come out and say that, just that someone using my GUID is hacking or my GUID has been hacked and used by a hacker. No mention of their software being flawed yet over 4000 times they have had false positives.

Having said that, someone stealing my guid does make a little sense as I am able to play on a new account with the exact same setup ....and no benis, I am not changing my name to

Complete explanation from Even Balance is below:

Note #3: We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

Hey Angurr,
    This is bad news bro, I don't understand how they think they have the right to manage a game that is clearly not theirs. Did you try to contact Dice or whoever manages the servers? Try showing them your stats or a cheat-o-meter report. Ask them what was the violation, the IP, if possible. The only answer is someone at PB is super lazy or they take their job incredibly seriously... These kind of things are not supposed to be accepted and should not happen, I mean YOU payed with YOUR money to play this game. Surely, there is a way.

Yeahgood22

Quote Originally Posted by Angurr View Post
    What they have basically told me is that I'm either hacking but don't come out and say that, just that someone using my GUID is hacking or my GUID has been hacked and used by a hacker. No mention of their software being flawed yet over 4000 times they have had false positives.

Having said that, someone stealing my guid does make a little sense as I am able to play on a new account with the exact same setup ....and no benis, I am not changing my name to

Complete explanation from Even Balance is below:
    This is not a specific message for you but a standard message sent by a robot to all who´s open a ticket.

My Xtreme surprise tonight when I tried to join the server and found out PB banned me
    I sent a ban appeal report but judging by this thread of msgs, it doesn't sound hopeful. I don't think I have the computer knowledge to implement a hack/cheat. My stats aren't that great and I mainly revive teammates. Very unhappy about this, wish I could join you all while I still have free time this summer

I hope they remove it for you, but the chances of it is slim.

I wonder if the sensitivity of their algorithm is just really shitty at detecting true positives OR could it be that maybe so many people have hacked/cheated that the algorithm has a hard time differentiating between those who have and who have not? In either case, why the hell are they not doing anything about it?? They must have gotten a ton of reports/complaints. I'm willing to try calling them wherever they are and confronting them about this. I bought the damn game for the multiplayer FPS experience ffs

Can't you guys disable the PB on the server? Run it thru some other anti-cheat softwares, DIY-style?