If you haven't played Black Mesa, the unofficial (yet wholly endorsed by Valve) remake of Half-Life, it's definitely worth checking out. For those of us who have played ? and enjoyed ? it, the team responsible for it is teasing a new game that's currently in the pipeline.

A video uploaded to YouTube by developer Crowbar Collective (thanks, GamesRadar) gives us just 22 seconds of something the studio is working on. All we get is the company logo followed by a colorful symbol that leaves us non the wiser. And that's it.

https://youtu.be/OwXd-yTbxqc

If you want to keep up-to-date with what the developer is working on, you're encouraged to sign up to the mailing list. Suffice it to say, it's impossible to know what the project is, but I bet you'll have your own theories.

It's probably not Half-Life 3

It could be a brand-new IP from Crowbar Collective. However, for all we know, it could be another remake. Perhaps of the sequel or some other classic FPS. Who knows? Not I, that's the point I'm making.

As for Black Mesa, it was in development for years before it finally came out in an official capacity in 2020. It rebuilds the original Half-Life from the ground up, complete with fresh voice acting.

It also tinkered with the OG a little bit. In order to keep diehard fans on their toes, some parts were tweaked or changed in certain respects. It also improved on the Xen aspect of the game, which some feel was lacking somewhat in Half-Life. Again, worth checking out if you're a fan of the original.

The post Studio behind the Half-Life remake Black Mesa teases a new project appeared first on Destructoid.

More...