FuRyu and Natsume Atari have announced that action RPG Reynatis will be arriving in North America this Fall. It?s set for Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC.

The press release makes a big deal about Reynatis being set in a ?painstakingly-recreated streets of Shibuya, Tokyo.? A trailer was released alongside the announcement. It?s one of the most ridiculous videos I think I?ve seen since the new Death Stranding reveal. It shows Shibuya government police wizards that maybe fight drug addicts.

https://youtu.be/wXtcwGFHAGM?feature=shared

One of the first things the Reynatis trailer puts on screen is, ?Only by overcoming our fear of idiosyncrasies can we free our true selves,? which is just the most pretentious way to say very little.

I can dig it. FuRyu, as a developer of alternative games, is a bit all over the place with their output. However, the art design and even the ridiculously over-the-top dialogue and narrative setup all kind of pop. The game shifts from the ?painstakingly recreated? Shibuya to more abstract places that, I?m guessing, are dungeons. Combat looks pretty Musou-like, which can be hit-and-miss when it comes to application.

Something to keep your eye on, at least. It does, after all, feature the incredible Yoko Shimomura as a composer.

Reynatis will be coming to Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC. Its release date is currently planned for sometime in Fall 2024.

The post Reynatis is a new action RPG from FuRyu arriving this fall appeared first on Destructoid.

More...