The Bloodborne community is the equivalent of a dog losing its absolute mind whenever it catches wind of a remaster or PC port of its beloved title. "Bloodborne!? Bloodborne! BLOODBOOOOOOOOOORNE!" Such was the case when the FromSoftware darling was brought up with director Hidetaka Miyazaki during the Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC reveal.

I've had enough of this dream... The night blocks all sight...

While speaking with Eurogamer during the aforementioned Elden Ring DLC announcement, the topic of a potential Bloodborne remake sprang up. Miyazaki seems to have waxed nostalgic.

"It is a title we hold very dear and just as much as our fans," Miyazaki told Eurogamer. "It does make me very happy to see that there are still so many people passionate about it."

After apologizing that he was unable to say anything more specific, Miyazaki continued: "Put simply, it makes me very happy to see it's a title with a lot of specific memories, both for me and the staff who worked on it... And when we see those passionate voices in the community, of course it makes us feel thrilled, it makes us feel very fortunate to have that and to have those memories."

IGN also took the opportunity to pry about the revival of Bloodborne. Miyazaki was clear about boundaries in this answer: "Unfortunately, and I've said this in other interviews, it's not in my place to talk about Bloodborne specifically... We simply don't own the IP at FromSoftware. For me personally, it was a great project, and I have a lot of great memories for that game, but we're not at liberty to speak to it."

Image by Destructoid

Despite both outlets clearly fishing for any scrap of information regarding a return to Yharnam, Hidetaka Miyazaki stuck to his guns, and made no comment on any remake or port.

There is great suffering in loving a game so much when it seems the rights-holder has no interest in doing anything further with it. It's a pain that Darkstalkers fans know all too well. While we may never see a remake or port, we can always look forward to the annual Return to Yharnam event.

The post Hidetaka Miyazaki responds to fan fervor for a Bloodborne remake appeared first on Destructoid.

More...