A solo developer from Moldova, Andrground, has announced their upcoming project, Troleu, a totally accurate work simulator about working as a trolleybus conductor.

Okay, I?m lying. While you do work as a trolleybus conductor, and your job is mostly to issue tickets and collect fare, you also spend much of your time engaging in mortal combat with rule breakers. To my knowledge, this isn?t something that conductors regularly do, but maybe things are different in Moldova.

https://youtu.be/ttUTCUniEo4?feature=shared

Both the art style and the general concept of Troleu remind me of Night of the Consumers. Maybe that is the main influence, but the change of vocation completely alters the focus of the game. A big focus of its trailer is on kicking Soviets and misogynists screaming out the door.

The concept sounds like it will only support a short experience ? which might be true, as that tends to be what the developer is known for ? but the press release suggests that you?ll be visiting a number of locales. It says, ?From bustling city streets to tranquil suburbs, every route presents its own set of challenges and surprises.?

Andrground is well known for their short horror work, Elevated Dread, which is, coincidentally, the state of mind I perpetually exist in.

Troleu doesn?t really have a release date, so you?ll have to survive by watching the trailer repeatedly, as I have.

The post Troleu looks like an accurate representation of the carnage of public transit appeared first on Destructoid.

More...