If you're one of the many players who logged into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 today and found out you're now level 1, you aren't alone. Social media users everywhere reported their accounts have been reset. The official Call of Duty Updates Twitter account has already responded, stating the developers are working on a fix.

The MW3 level reset issue is being addressed

According to CODUpdates on Twitter, the level reset issue in Modern Warfare 3 "appeared overnight." As such, it doesn't seem like the cause is known just yet. However, the developers are already hard at work looking to address the problem and fix it as soon as possible. In short, please don't panic about your level, it will likely be back to normal within a reasonable amount of time (hopefully).

In addition to a level reset, you may see other issues with tracking progress. For example, events, challenges, the Battle Pass, and ranked SR. I'd recommend holding off on playing for right now if you're super worried about progressing. Or at least don't put loads of effort into completing challenges and ranking up, because it could all be for naught.

Lastly, loadouts are reportedly behaving strangely. In my experience booting up the game, I saw some of my loadouts were completely different but others remained the same. Additionally, a few of my fully leveled guns appeared as level 1. However, when I entered a multiplayer match with a supposedly level 1 gun, it still had my attachments on it. It seems like the loadout problems might just be with the menus themselves displaying false information. Though my experience is purely anecdotal.

Twitter users reported even more issues

Progression issues aren't the only thing plaguing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone right now. Many Twitter users have reported a few bugs with key elements of the game. One is a bug with aiming the Cruise Missile killstreak, which is one of the most popular options to use, especially in ranked play. Another is the wrong items appearing in buy stations in Warzone. Seasoned players know popping into a buy station quickly to purchase something can be the difference between life and death. As such, it's causing a lot of frustration that things aren't where they're supposed to be.

The post Why did my Call of Duty MW3 rank reset to level 1? appeared first on Destructoid.

More...