If roguelites, transforming robots, and tearing corrupt corporations down from within are all on your to-do list, Metal Mind might just be up your alley. Publisher 2P Games announced that the latest from developer WHIRLLAXY LIMITED is set to launch on Nintendo Switch and PC (via Epic Games Store) on March 7, 2024.

Any of the ideas here might not be novel on their own, but the trailer certainly has my interest piqued. I'll admit, a lot of that has to do with the visuals. Yes, it's another pixel art roguelite, but so far I'm digging the designs, effects, and how it all appears to work in tandem with the core customization mechanic.

Throw in a plot to liberate your fellow robots and overthrow an organization full of crooked politicians, scientists, engineers, and secret agents and you have my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PZ_Nn7Had0

The aforementioned nogoodniks at the corporation known as AWC are looking to remove sentience from robots and exercise total control over every single automaton. Naturally, that means you have to build your own transforming mecha with the help of more than 100 weapons and a variety of core component mods. The weapons can range from rapid-fire naval artillery to flaming chainsaws and laser cannons, and they can be augmented with mods that address overheating issues, raise your firing rate, and more.

The level of randomization that comes along with weapon and mod pickups moves Metal Mind firmly into roguelite territory, hopefully keeping each run interesting Beyond that, it looks like the meat of the game lies in mixing and matching what you find and the top-down combat that follows. When Metal Mind makes its way to Switch and Epic Games Store it'll be priced at $17.99 with a 15% discount at launch.

The post Transforming mech roguelite Metal Mind is coming to Switch and PC on March 7 appeared first on Destructoid.

More...