Earlier this year, Level-5 made a strong showing at the February 2023 Direct and a subsequent showcase, with four games planned for this year. It was optimistic, but now, Level-5 is pushing those dates into 2024.

In today's Level-5 Vision 2023 II stream, the studio confirmed that several games planned for 2023 are now set for 2024. Here's the run-down:

The last entry there, Decapolice, caused some mild confusion as the stream stated it was moving to "post-2024." However, the official website from Level-5 states 2024 and so does the Twitter account, so we're leaning in that direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmzvVN_ZHBM

A little extra time for Level-5

While it's a big shift, it's at least heartening to know the studio is taking time where needed. These games have looked impressive in each showing, and Decapolice in particular seemed to make an impact at Tokyo Game Show 2023.

It's a big slate of games and we are running out of 2023, so the delays aren't too surprising. It does mean that even more games are now queued up for an increasingly crowded 2024. I feel like this is happening more frequently now, but seriously: Q1 2024 is looking huge. Games like Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Dragon's Dogma 2, Tekken 8, and more are all slated for the first three months of the year.

Despite the clutter, I'm really looking forward to this Level-5 2024 lineup. The Vision II showcase spotlighted some really neat features today, and I could really go for a Level-5 RPG right now. On top of those games, we also caught a glimpse of the next Professor Layton too, which is thankfully taking even more time, aiming for a 2025 launch.

The post Level-5 pushes multiple games back into 2024 appeared first on Destructoid.

More...