NIS America has revealed that the HD Remaster of the 2015 3DS RPG The Legend of Legacy will release on March 22, 2024. The previously handheld-only turn-based RPG will come to Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC early next year. The March 22 release date is for both NA and EU regions, while the JP release is scheduled for February 1. NIS America also released a gameplay trailer showing off the remastered visuals of The Legend of Legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgFpyOXCQ4

Developed by Cattle Call, the RPG takes place on the island of Avalon, a lost continent discovered just a decade before the game takes place. The Legend of Legacy features seven playable characters who visit the island of Avalon in search of answers from this mysteriously unique island. Plays will explore various areas of Avalon while delving into dungeons in search of loot.

The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered features improved graphics as well as a new guidebook function that makes it easier for newcomers to the RPG to get started. According to the Steam page, more intuitive gameplay options and ease of access have also been added in the remaster.

I never had the opportunity to play The Legend of Legacy, but it did always pique my interest. To me, it seemed like a mix of traditional standard JRPG like Bravely Default mashed together with more of a focus on exploration like Etrian Odyssey. I don't know why but it always feels rewarding to map things out, which is apparently a big feature of The Legend of Legacy as you explore the island of Avalon.

The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered releases on March 22, 2024 on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.

The post The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered set to release in March 2024 appeared first on Destructoid.

More...