Leave it to the modding community to combine things from well-known franchises into one package. We've already seen Doctor Who's Daleks come to Doom, and now someone is creating something that will please fans of both Morrowind and World of Warcraft.

As spotted by DSO Gaming, Nexus Mods user Tel Shadow is in the midst of what sounds like a pretty lofty project. Called "World of Morrocraft," it does exactly what it says on the tin, in that it brings in aspects of WoW into TES3.

Image via Tel Shadow/Nexus Mods.

As the description says: "This project aims to add the world of Azeroth to Tamriel," with the continent of Northrend being the first to be developed. Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are seemingly next on the list. The mod will, in its totality, be a new landmass, complete with "handcrafted exteriors and interiors, new NPCs, creatures, and quests."

Adding custom weather as well

You can download the mod in its current state if you want to check it out. Looking at the images, World of Warcraft fans will likely recognize the areas that have been recreated in Morrowind. I haven't played WoW myself (I know, I know..."where have I been," etc.) so I can't say how accurate they are to the source material.

In any case, it's a pretty big project for one person to take on, especially in an unofficial capacity. The modding community is simply teeming with a lot of dedicated people willing to pull off things like this. It's honestly pretty impressive.

While The Elder Scrolls 3 is now more than 20 years old, people like Tel Shadow show there's still a lot of love to give. On top of that, there's the unofficial remake Skywind to look forward to as well.

The post Morrowind fan project is bringing World of Warcraft to the Elder Scrolls game appeared first on Destructoid.

More...