By now, much of the indie horror scene is aware of Lethal Company, the small co-op hit that's currently taking the genre by storm. While it's hard to say how long this popularity will last, the game is not only staying at the top of the Steam charts, but has smashed its player peak again.

As of right now, Lethal Weapon has hit 184,015 players over the last 24 hours. The chart over on SteamDB shows the trajectory the game's currently experiencing, and it's entirely possible that it could just keep going. We could easily see it break through the 200,000 mark.

https://youtu.be/m5RB0Ej1mFg

It's also still the top non-Deck game on Steam right now, having not budged since the last time we checked. Okay, it's only been a week, but seeing as the likes of Modern Warfare 3, Counter-Strike 2, and Baldur's Gate 3 are starting to drop, it's a hell of an achievement for an independent game.

For those who have yet to play it...

Compared to such games as Phasmophobia, Lethal Company is something that should be right up the alley of horror co-op fans. That includes me, but sadly, I haven't got round to playing it yet. And I should, as it's extremely cheap to buy. I can't speak for other nations, but here in the UK, it's ?8.50. I know some pubs that charge more for a pint than that.

The game's all about scavenging and collecting scrap for a company called...well...the Company. According to developer Zeekerss, you can "use the cash you earn to travel to new moons with higher risks and rewards--or you can buy fancy suits and decorations for your ship."

The Steam reviews have also been pretty glowing, with it showing as "Overwhelmingly Positive." User Cheiph describes it as a "morbid, yet derpy masterpiece." I think it's high time I pull the finger out and finally see what all the fuss is over in Lethal Company.

The post Lethal Company smashes player record, retains top spot on Steam appeared first on Destructoid.

More...