As almost every active Destiny 2 player will know, the game has had a heck of a weekend thanks to what is easily the most ridiculous and fun bug in franchise history. Notably, the game's weapon customization/crafting system somehow ended up allowing players to build mish-mashed monster-guns. A particularly egregious example, just to illustrate the ridiculousness of the bug, was to slot the Aggressive Shotgun Frame onto a grenade launcher, allowing said launcher to simultaneously fire a dozen grenades all at once.

Bungie took it all in a stride, funnily enough, allowing the gun-bonanza to last over the course of the weekend. Now, though, a new update has been pushed out to disable some weapon perks, with plans to replace them sometime down the line. Even though the fun's now over, the community is positively thrilled with the studio's handling of the issue, with most players having had the time of their lives over the last couple of days.

Image via Bungie

It was never going to last

"I cannot remember the last time I laughed my ass off this much while playing a game," said Reddit user errortechx. "It was so much fun going all mad scientist mode," added zoey_amon. Indeed, Bungie's had some trouble getting the year of the Lightfall DLC going proper, with a large number of players having gotten increasingly more irate as the company messed things up one after the other. Slowly, though, the hubbub has settled to a reasonable level, and the fact that a bug as ridiculous as the one outlined above could stick around for a few days shows that Bungie still knows how to have fun.

The problem wasn't going to stick around, of course. Certainly, Bungie could've taken the servers down, considering the severity of letting people slap shotgun perks onto rocket launchers, auto rifles, and the like. It's likely that this wouldn't even be a particularly unpopular decision. Yet, the game stayed up and the community created the most cursed arsenal of weapons Destiny 2 is ever likely to see.

This, of course, is unlikely to ever happen again, and those who might've missed out on the bug won't have a chance to give it a go in the future. Those who did jump in, though, are happy to have done so. As skyline_crescendo explains, "I stopped playing Starfield and Mortal Kombat to partake and it was worth it. This weekend was incredibly rewarding and fun."

The post Destiny 2’s broken weapon builds were the game’s best bug ever appeared first on Destructoid.

More...