On the other side of the pond, Japan's version of the Nintendo Direct gave us some details on the game that Onion Games has been teasing for a while now. Titled Stray Children, it looks like a return to Yoshiro Kimura's roots at Love-de-Lic, as the style is extremely evocative of Moon: Remix RPG Adventure.

Onion Games has been teasing a new "RPG-style" title for a while now but has been extremely coy about showing anything off. To date, I think the most we've seen is some concept art. Getting to see the game in motion; it's exactly what I was hoping for. Better yet, the opening seems to show the protagonist as a lover of video games that gets sucked into another world through the TV screen. That's speaking my language.

https://youtu.be/JNN3gsIAiig?feature=shared

While the trailer shows off an RPG-like battle set-up, one of the menu items allows you to talk to your enemy. Knowing the sort of joy-maker games that Yoshiro Kimura favors, it's likely that you're supposed to befriend enemies. It has a lot of the same sights and sounds of a typical Love-de-Lic affair, and the trailer mentions that staff from Moon: Remix RPG Adventure are working on this one. I'm unsure if that refers specifically to Kimura, but that would qualify.

The best news of all is that the trailer gives us a Japanese release window for Stray Children, and it's soon: this Winter. While the trailer is entirely in Japanese, Onion Games has stated that it will be coming to the West. The bad news, however, is that its release over here is still "TBD."

The post The Japanese Nintendo Direct shows off the latest Onion Games project, Stray Children appeared first on Destructoid.

More...