Ravenage Games has announced that 9FingerGames' deckbuilding tower defense game Heretic?s Fork has hit PC today.

Set in a bureaucratic depiction of Hell (the worst kind of Hell), Heretic?s Fork has you take on the role of corporate manager. You hire subordinates, punish sinners, and protect the rift between Hell and Earth. It?s a mix of deckbuilding and tower defense, where you need to create strategies based on your hand of cards.

https://youtu.be/I692_iRf6SY?feature=shared

Heretic?s Fork employs that very particular art style that pairs drab colors and contrasts them with bright red. It touts both a rocking soundtrack by folks like Occams Laser. The developer also promises dark humor, and I?m already on board with the well-proven corporate Hell motif.

There?s a demo available, but the press release points out that the full version has a fully interactive desktop with secrets to unveil. I think they mean computer desktop. I?ve been really digging a lot of deckbuilder games recently, but if there?s one thing I enjoy more, it?s fictional operating systems. So, weirdly, that?s the part I?m most interested in. I probably would have grabbed Heretic?s Fork for review, but this week, in particular, is packed for me. I?m not sure why everyone decided to release everything in mid-September, but here we are.

Heretic?s Fork is available now on PC. It will run you $9.99 USD and is launching with a 15% discount.

The post Corporate Hell tower defense game Heretic’s Fork launches today appeared first on Destructoid.

More...