The Teal Mask for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is out now, as the first DLC for this generation of Pok?mon. It might have been a while since you last ventured into Paldea, so Nintendo has released a story recap to get you up to speed ahead of the Pok?mon DLC.

To be frank, it's not an incredibly in-depth story recap. Those who are a little spoiler-averse should be fine watching it, as it mostly goes over the broad strokes of Pok?mon Scarlet and Violet, rather than any late-game revelations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LDdNNpqtVI

It's a little strange, but I get it. Even by Pok?mon standards, the finale of Scarlet and Violet was pretty surprising, both in its narrative surprises and general structure. It's one of the higher points amid some more prevalent issues in the latest Pok?mon entry. Maybe a story recap for Pok?mon Scarlet and Violet doesn't want to delve into the deep-spoiler territory.

So you get the meat-and-potatoes version. You're a kid, sent off on a Pok?mon adventure. Pick a starter, make friends with a Legendary Pok?mon, go to school, and then promptly leave school to cause disorganized chaos around the greater Paldea region. I really don't know how this region deals with a legion of schoolchildren storming out, battling, questing, and running amok on an annual basis.

A new beginning

I've only just started the DLC myself, but if you're worried about needing too much of a refresher before The Teal Mask in Pok?mon Scarlet and Violet, don't stress it. So far, the beats have largely felt self-contained to their own story, diving into the myths of the land and lingering mysteries. I would say brushing up on your History classes back at the academy might be a good idea, though. You are, ostensibly, a student after all.

This trailer also confirms that Game Freak is still targeting a Winter 2023 window for its second S/V DLC, The Indigo Disk. It's possible we see this arc of DLC expeditiously wrapped up before the year's out. There's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow too, so maybe we hear a little more there. Either way, The Teal Mask is out now for Pok?mon Scarlet and Violet.

The post Here’s a quick Pok?mon Scarlet and Violet story recap, just in time for The Teal Mask appeared first on Destructoid.

More...