It is way too early to think about Christmas

As part of the Guerilla Collective 2023 Showcase, Gamious has announced that there?s DLC out for delivery for their indie deliver-?em-up, Lake. Season?s Greetings serves as a prequel that will have you doling out greeting cards around the eponymous lake in Providence Oaks.
Lake: Season?s Greetings will roll the clock back eight months to before Meredith's time as temporary mail lady. You play as her father, Thomas, to whom it?s just another holiday delivery season. The developers outlined the scope of the DLC best, so I?ll pass it over to them for some bullet points.

• It's the final days of the year, so expect Holiday Season happenings!
  • P.O. will be covered in a blanket of snow, and cheered up with lots of Christmas lighting.
  • Meet new characters, but you'll of course also see lots of familiar faces.
  • Nancy will be complaining.
  • Frank might be betting on sports.
  • Mildred could need your help.
  • Maureen will definitely yell to the kitchen.
  • And Jack's playlist will also have Christmas tunes! But it might still be a bit short.

That last point sounds horrible. I don?t know what they mean by ?it might still be a bit short,? but any Christmas music is too much. Maybe if it's instrumental, I can stand it, like the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas, but the first person to utter a word about Santa Claus and the radio gets turned off. I worked a stint in retail during my twenteens and I never recovered from the trauma of the holiday season.
https://youtu.be/5ivtaysFPfY
Small town propaganda

Lake was a pretty decent time. In my review of it back in 2021, I mentioned that a lot of the issues I had with it were connected to my personal life, having grown up in a rural town. It really pushed the narrative of rural living being somehow more wholesome and connected while city living is a superficial vacuum. That?s drivel. It?s a near-inescapable and isolating experience, and I didn?t shed my roots just to listen to this sentiment.
However, I do like snow, and it?s always nice to have a holiday-themed game to play around that time of year. I may check this out, anyway.
Lake is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. The Season?s Greetings DLC will launch during this holiday season.
The post Lake brings holiday deliveries in upcoming Season’s Greetings DLC appeared first on Destructoid.

More...