Ready your goggles, friends.

Nuverse's Marvel Snap is still working hard to make the superhero-themed, mobile card game fun and rewarding. Besides tinkering with the cards, fixing bugs, and crafting new ways to play against opponents, Marvel Snap is big on frequently updating the art of the cards. These new styles are called variants, and they play a huge part in the game's store and events. During the newest update, the second-ever Variant Rush began. From March 21 through April 4, opening Collector's Caches could get you the newest variant theme: Steampunk!
Not every card is getting a Steampunk makeover, but there is a small list of cards and titles that players may snag while they play the game. The last Variant Rush was the Winterverse event, and I'm still longing for that winter Rogue card. Alas, variants offered during these events hypothetically won't be offered again once they're over. They are event exclusives, so if you're really into this style, you'll want to clear your schedule.
Though I did see one Steampunk Variant in my Store, for the most part, these cards are obtained by opening Collector's Caches. When you update cards and move up Collection Levels, you'll continue to get new cards. After level 506, you'll have access to Collector's Caches and Tokens. This is when the "Series" or "Pool" three cards are revealed to players working their way up the ladder.
For this event, there is now an even higher chance of unlocking a Steampunk Variant. According to Stephen Jerrett, the leading product designer for Marvel Snap developer Second Dinner, the drop rate for Variants has doubled since the last event, likely in an effort to make it more worthwhile for players who are excited to participate.
The Prizes

Who has been reimagined in the retro-futurist style? Some interesting choices in my opinion.

• Bishop
  • Falcon
  • Shocker
  • Cerebro
  • Yellow Jacket

It's not that these cards don't look cool. I just think there were a lot of choices, and these just seem the tamest. Admittedly, Falcon does look very cool in Steampunk. Besides these cards, you can also unlock three titles.

• Steam Powered
  • Fully Leatherclad
  • The Goggles Do Nothing!

If you rushed to your app to start playing, here's a quick reminder that you may have to manually update to get the benefits. The patch notes came out on March 21, 2023, so there's plenty of time to play. Also, if you haven't done it yet, check out some of the new features from the update. For example, we all get to pick one Pool 3 card to have for free each season! And while we still only have the Friendly Battle Mode, it's nice to see that Nuverse and Second Dinner are working on a Conquest Battle Mode. Exciting things are coming our way.
The post Don?t miss the Marvel Snap Steampunk Variant Rush event appeared first on Destructoid.

More...