When there?s no more room in development hell

We?re about a month away from Dead Island 2?s escape from development hell, so Deep Silver is getting us primed with a peek at the game's intro cinematic.
In the stylish intro, we?re shown various eerie scenes from ?HELL-A,? the zombie-fied version of Los Angeles. While it?s no zombie-child being defenestrated in reverse, the intro is plenty moody, with a slow, reverb-laced song playing over top of familiar places in various states of dereliction. While it?s obviously trying to disturb you with its depiction of a vacant society, it does so in a pretty stylish way. The cinematic was done by ELASTIC, who has also had a hand in a lot of cool stuff, and their work for Dead Island 2 is not exception.
https://youtu.be/rCS3Faf2R1w
While I wouldn?t say I?m burnt out on zombies, the original Dead Island left me less than enthused about a sequel. I played it with a friend a number of years ago, and the standout moments for me were when a guy kept pestering us for empty bottles and when we had to go to a zombie factory. I don?t remember if it was actually a zombie factory or if it was just where the zombies came from, but I turned to my friend and wondered allowed what had happened to our plan of escape.
Maybe there was a good reason why we were going to the zombie factory; I don?t know. It just seemed like an odd detour for a bunch of rubes just trying to survive. Maybe I?ll play Dead Island 2. I don?t know. However, it will take more than a cinematic trailer to convince me to put my money down.
Dead Island 2 is lurching toward an April 21 release date on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC.
The post Check out Dead Island 2’s bloody intro cinematic appeared first on Destructoid.

More...