Celebrity 'Trooper Cards' revealed

While stoic ronin Sakamoto Ryoma has had to wait many, many years for his journey to the west, it seems that he will not be coming alone, as Ryu ga Gotoku Studio has revealed that several celebrities will be making guest appearances in the long-awaited western release of Like a Dragon: Ishin!
The developer announced that the Edo-era epic will feature a selection of new "Trooper Cards" ? affording our hero new abilities to utilize in battle. The first two of these cards feature video game-loving pro-wrestler Kenny Omega, and charismatic actor Rahul Kohli (Midnight Mass, iZombie). Omega's "Essence of One-Winged Angel" will afford Sakamoto the ability to cut down a crowd with a mighty sword swing, while Kohli's "Essence of Firestorm" will see the lone warrior torch his enemy with an extended blast of flames. Both cards will be available as free DLC on launch day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Yi...b_channel=SEGA
?I?ve been a fan of the Like a Dragon series for years, and to be forever immortalized in Like a Dragon: Ishin!, the newest entry in one of the most iconic game franchise of all time, is surreal," said Omega in a press release. ?I?m so excited about my Trooper Card, and I think players are going to love the artwork and attack animation ? and the damage I can deal to enemies!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auEm...b_channel=SEGA
"As a huge fan of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio?s games, I was honored to be asked to be a guest for the Like a Dragon: Ishin! Trooper Cards," added Kohli. "As someone who is emotionally invested in the Like a Dragon story, I?m nervously excited to take on this mantle of being a small part of Ryoma?s journey, The close relationship that SEGA and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio have with their fan community, has been really exciting to see manifest in these cards. I?m very honored to not only be a part of the community, but to also be a part of the series."
There are still four more "special guest" cards to be revealed. Who could they be? C'monnn Meiko Kaji...
Like a Dragon: Ishin! will finally arrive on PlayStation, PC, and Xbox platforms February 21.
The post Wrestler Kenny Omega and actor Rahul Kohli will cameo in Like a Dragon: Ishin! appeared first on Destructoid.

More...