They're heads down on Witchbrook

At this point I think it's safe to say that Witchbrook is my most anticipated game of all time. I've been following its development for years at this point, and have become a regular lurker on the Witchbrook subreddit, which mostly exists to speculate about when the game will be coming out. The title is basically a combination of Stardew Valley and the wizard school franchise that shall not be named, and as a fan of cozy simulation games, that's a match made in heaven for me.
Today, the team at developer and publisher Chucklefish ? who was also the original publisher of Stardew Valley ? took to Twitter to let us know that yes, they're still working on Witchbrook. They also made sure to emphasize in the thread that their in-house studio has a no-crunch policy, hence the long development time. Hey, if waiting a little while longer means no one is pushing themselves too hard trying to get the game out, I am perfectly happy to wait.
https://twitter.com/Witchbrook/statu...46484601405441
The most recent update we got was in June of last year with some new screenshots and a Steam listing, and even that was the first news we had heard about the game in two years. We still don't have any idea how far out Witchbrook really is, but thankfully I have some other cozy games like Disney's Dreamlight Valley to tide me over for a while. If you're interested in checking it out, you can wishlist the game on Steam and follow along on Chucklefish/Witchbrook's socials to keep up with any more news that might be coming our way.
The post Chucklefish popped in to reassure fans that Witchbrook is still in development appeared first on Destructoid.

More...