It really is the most wonderful time of the year

I got the chance to review We Are OFK a few months ago, and it turned out to be one of the most pleasant surprises of the year for me. The music was fun, the visuals were beautiful, and it turned out to have some of the best-character focused writing I've seen in games in a long time. We Are OFK turned out to be more of an interactive mini series than a game, but if you're into that sort of thing like I am, it's definitely one to check out.
Now we just got our first update from the team behind We Are OFK since the game came out back in August, and it's kind of a free DLC, of sorts. The band is releasing a holiday song in collaboration with Sony Music Soundtracks -- their own cover of the seasonal classic "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" -- which will be accompanied by an interactive music video like the ones from the base game. I love a good holiday single/album from musical artists I love, so it's fun to see OFK getting in on the action. The free update will be available for all players on this Friday, December 9.
https://twitter.com/OFKband/status/1598799498524098561
The next tweet in the thread following the announcement also says that OFK "got offered some special secret collabs." I have no idea if this is in regards to their music, games, or both, but it sounds like exciting news based on the emojis in said tweet. Based on the Steam reviews for We Are OFK, it looks like I wasn't the only one who thoroughly enjoyed the game, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the team continues to put out in the future. And of course, I'd love to see other artists and game designers follow suit, because the industry needs more chill interactive narrative experiences.
The post We Are OFK is releasing a new holiday-themed song/interactive music video appeared first on Destructoid.

More...