Another chapter, another season of skins to collect

Following yesterday's somewhat longwinded finale to the third chapter of Fortnite, the game is finally back online with Chapter 4 Season 1. At the end of the last chapter, spectators watched as the game's island was destroyed and then slowly reassembled. For Fortnite Chapter 4, that means getting to know this island from scratch once more. What locations are in? Which ones are out? And most importantly, what do I get if I buy the season pass this time?
Some of those questions are answered in the launch trailer below. As teased in the cinematic trailer released on Saturday, Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher is in, as is Doom Guy. My Hero Academia is getting some representation too with Izuku Midoriya. Also, dirt bikes. Lots and lots of dirt bikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYxZySYeFU
That map looks like it'll be fun to explore though I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the days when there was a massive cliffside and waterfall right smack in the middle of it.
As for that season pass, Doom Guy is available starting on page 5 with the rest of the skins for the season belonging to original characters, including The Ageless. Geralt will get his own set of missions that'll unlock later this season.
With the update to Fortnite Chapter 4, current-gen graphics have arrived for the game. Even though I predominantly play on Xbox Series S, I can see some serious changes in how Unreal Engine 5.1 is handling the game. Especially the lighting. The lighting is gorgeous. In fact, I'm tempted to download it to my PS5 to see if there are further improvements my Series S isn't doing.
The post Doom Guy, Geralt, and Izuku Midoriya invade Fortnite Chapter 4 appeared first on Destructoid.

More...