No need to tack on some more tales just yet

Ragnarok has come and gone for the God of War series. And it sounds like Sony Santa Monica Studio is letting the latest Kratos and Atreus adventure stand alone for now, as God of War Ragnarok DLC seems unlikely.
In a spoilercast about God of War Ragnarok over at Kinda Funny Games (thanks for the spot, Eurogamer), director Eric Williams guested to discuss his game. At one point, he's asked about whether DLC is on the way for God of War Ragnarok.
"I don't know man, that game is big," said Williams. "I think we put everything we had into it, so I wouldn't count on it."
While there are updates in store for God of War Ragnarok, adding features like the photo mode, the stance on significant additions isn't too surprising. God of War (2018) didn't receive any extra DLC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfJ4Km46A-0
Patience, boy

I haven't rolled credits on Ragnarok yet myself, but my understanding is that it's a fairly conclusive story. The sequel is the conclusion to the Norse duology that Sony Santa Monica Studio has created, so I'd be surprised to see any lingering threads addressed in a DLC update.
Ragnarok is doing well in sales and reception too. And apparently Santa Monica Studio has other things on their plate to take care of, moving forward.
What could those projects be? Well, in the Kinda Funny spoilercast, Williams does mention he'd love to make a Castlevania game. It'd be a sight to see if that collaboration ever does work out.
The post God of War Ragnarok DLC seems unlikely, according to director appeared first on Destructoid.

More...