"The Sonic IP is working on becoming bigger than ever"

A new Sonic Team animated logo just dropped, and the team seems pretty excited about it, as they enter a new era of the franchise.
As we've established, Sega believes this is going to be a huge year for Sonic, with Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Prime (the Netflix show) launching in a few months, on top of the arrival of the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie, and Sonic Origins earlier this year. Here's the full statement from Sonic Creative Director Kazuyuki Hoshino:
"Hey Sonic Fans! The Sonic IP is working on becoming bigger than ever. This year with "Project Sonic '22" we are developing more than just Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins. We are also working on getting Sonic out on more mediums such as merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more! We hope that our fans enjoy these activities as much as we do.
As part of this effort, we are pleased to bring you a brand new, Sonic Team Animated Logo!
The Sonic Team is full of energy and motivation, consisting of veteran team members, who have been here for a long, long time, and newcomers bringing in their own fresh take on things. These talented groups of people are able to come together to make this team even stronger. We want our fans to know that when they see this logo, they are guaranteed to get a good game from Sonic Team.
My team and I look forward to showing off this new logo movie to our fans on multiple occasions in the future."
So the statement basically echoes what we heard a few weeks ago from another Sonic producer, Takashi Iizuka. But I gotta say, "merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more" probably isn't going to float a lot of boats! Also, it would be ideal if the anchor of this entire initiative, Sonic Frontiers, turns out well in the end. For all this fanfare, it probably needs to at least sell well.
With that said, most of what the team has been showing off beyond the initial reveal has been enticing. The focus on Cyber Space levels and downplaying the open world as mostly a vessel to get you from stage to stage (comparing it to Super Mario Bros. 3) is good news.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBiXYBt3jKU
The post At least the new Sonic Team animated logo doesn’t have framerate drops appeared first on Destructoid.

More...