No more rounds of Push until the game's out

We're just a few months out from the release of Overwatch 2's multiplayer component. And while there's been some opportunities to test it out, Blizzard is now confirming there won't be another Overwatch 2 beta before the game's launch.
Blizzard VP Jon Spector took to Twitter yesterday to note that Overwatch 2 was just a few months away. And while players have been anticipating a possible beta happening again, before launch, it sounds like that won't be the case.
"While we will continue testing [Overwatch 2] daily internally, we're not planning any additional public Beta tests," Spector writes.
https://twitter.com/Spex_J/status/1555268998350090240
The Blizzard executive says the team is focusing its efforts on launching the "best game possible" on October 4.
No more 'til October

The Overwatch 2 beta has had some mixed reactions. I dug my time with it, as some of the changes felt like a nice change of pace for the gameplay. The Push mode in particular really added a lot, and I was happy to see those pop into the rotation in the place of dual Control Point maps.
But I can also get behind the sentiment that it felt a little too incremental, like a big patch for a live-service game rather than a full-blown "2"-bearing sequel. Granted, part of that is because the single-player content isn't arriving in October, but at some point later on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aB-H8QFXA0
Still, Overwatch 2 will be taking over the Overwatch space, replacing the original. It's also moving the team-based hero shooter to a free-to-play system. And despite statements about a survey that went around, players do seem a bit wary of a new monetization model.
Would another beta help alleviate some concerns prior to the launch of Overwatch 2? It's hard to say. I do think some folks are eager to get hands-on with the "final" version of Overwatch 2 and see how much has truly changed, myself included. But it looks like we'll have to wait for October 4.
The post Overwatch 2 won’t have another beta before launch appeared first on Destructoid.

More...