Announced at BitSummit

Inti Creates is at it again, continuing to corner the 2D market with the new action platformer Grim Guardians: Demon Purge. The game is actually being shown this weekend at BitSummit in Kyoto, Japan, on August 6 and 7.
Grim Guardians will feature two playable characters (who are sisters) in the form of demon hunters trying to rescue their school from peril: Shinobu Kamizono (ranged attacker) and Maya Kamizono (melee). Inti Creates says "swapping characters is key to gameplay," and in addition to solo play, there's also a two-player co-op mode. As our own CJ Andriessen points out, those two names are from Gal Gun: Double Peace.
Amazingly, Inti Creates is calling this "the beginning of a brand new series of 2D action games," hence the obvious subtitle. Whereas Azure Striker Gunvolt is their own take on the Mega Man franchise, so too will Grim Guardians mirror aspects of Castlevania (like their Bloodstained tie-in projects). Hey, if Konami isn't going to do it, someone else should!
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge release date and platform info

As for a release date and platforms, the former is listed as "TBD," but the latter includes PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. The official website will likely be the first place we'll get that info.
Just as I said in my recent Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 review, I'm game for basically anything Inti Creates that even looks remotely like Grim Guardians. This is an easy sell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBHPxC3m_A0
The post Inti Creates announces Castlevania-flavored 2D action project Grim Guardians: Demon Purge appeared first on Destructoid.

More...