The cars were weirdly static before this update

Nintendo is revisiting an absurd amount of classic tracks in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Booster Course Pass, and while most of the attention is fixated on the just-released second wave of DLC, there's one small but appreciated change that's worth noting. Now, in the final stretch of Coconut Mall, the Shy Guys don't just sit there in their cars.
The developers shared a short clip of the new Shy Guy antics.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...91948956368897
Granted, in the original Mario Kart Wii version of Coconut Mall, the obstacles were deadlier ? the cars drove back and forth and were harder to avoid. That isn't the case here.
This Coconut Mall fix is more of a middle ground for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe players.
The Shy Guys are less static than before (excluding the Time Trial mode, as pictured above), but they aren't too annoying, either. Before, they felt lifeless in a kind of jarring way, and people definitely noticed that something felt off near the finish line. So it's good to see Nintendo go back and improve things, even if it's a small detail in the grand scheme.
After you're done playing the Turnip and Propellor Cups in Wave 2 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass, maybe circle back for a match on Coconut Mall. I'm excited to hop online tonight, especially for the all-new track, Sky-High Sundae.
At this point, kind of against all odds, I feel like I've gotten good mileage out of the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass.
The post Mario Kart 8 Deluxe updated Coconut Mall so the Shy Guys don’t sit still appeared first on Destructoid.

More...