A new ocean of stars awaits

Tri-Ace's next entry in the Star Ocean series has set a date. Star Ocean: The Divine Force will launch on October 27, 2022 for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as PC.
A new trailer for Star Ocean: The Divine Force premiered on Square Enix's channels today, highlighting the gameplay, story, and setting of this new RPG. Alongside a story blending the worlds of fantasy and sci-fi together, it looks like a colorful cast of characters will be available to recruit in-game. This trailer gives us a few good looks at the new crew working together in battles, as well as some of the 3D world exploration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vexU1oYKSXs
The Divine Force is the newest entry in the Star Ocean series, with its most recent predecessor being 2016's Integrity and Faithlessness. It's been a minute since the last Star Ocean, as tri-Ace has been working on some projects like the 2019 remaster of Star Ocean: First Departure.
A sky full of stars

It's exciting for Star Ocean fans to have a new entry to look forward to in this series. I'm still mildly curious about it, as the action RPG combat and exploration seems like it might be a good time, even if the character design isn't quite clicking for me yet.
This is another entrant into an increasingly stacked October, though. Just two days prior to Star Ocean's Oct. 27 date, the Bat-Family takes a bite out of crime in Gotham Knights on Oct. 25.
Marvel's Midnight Suns and the Overwatch 2 multiplayer launch add even more heroics earlier in October. And both Modern Warfare 2 and the Resident Evil Village expansion close out the month.
Not that I think Call of Duty fans and Star Ocean fans are a perfectly overlapping Venn diagram or anything. But the fall is finally starting to look filled-up with games. Even with some of this year's heavy hitters delayed out to 2023, it's looking like a fairly dense holiday season.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force enters the fall launch lineup on October 27, 2022 for PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
The post Star Ocean: The Divine Force charts a course for this October appeared first on Destructoid.

More...