We All Fall Down

Publisher Focus Entertainment has announced a release date for its dour, rat-ridden A Plague Tale: Requiem. The grim follow-up to the great 2019 release A Plague Tale: Innocence will launch October 18 on PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X. A Nintendo Switch port will also be available via cloud gaming. The Xbox edition will also be available via Xbox Game Pass on launch day.
You can check out a brand new gameplay trailer for the stealth adventure below, as premiered during this morning's Focus Entertainment Showcase live stream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_WdZwwwmk
A Plague Tale: Requiem will see players reunite with the former aristocratic siblings, Amicia and Hugo de Rune, as the duo journey on with their pilgrimage through the dank devastation of 14th century France. Hardened by their experiences and brave beyond their years, the orphans battle to survive the trials of the road, while attempting to stay one step ahead of The Inquisition and the monstrous army of plague-ridden black rats that continues to engulf the Aquitaine.
The new narrative looks set to address both Amicia's exhaustion at maintaining safe passage for her brother, while also digging further into Hugo's mysterious connection with "The Macula", a reckless and overwhelming power that is somehow attuned to the terrifying rodents themselves. As we can see from the trailer above, Requiem is looking to be yet another rough ride for our protagonists and, much like its predecessor, will be treading softly through its strangely compelling dirge of despair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0eUCER7YWc
The original adventure, developed by independent French studio Asobo Studio, was one of the finest mid-tier releases in recent years, offering stunning visuals, evocative storytelling, and emotive, likable characters. It was one of my favorite games of the year, and one of my favorite stealth adventures ever. I am very much looking forward to seeing what Team Asobo can do, handed a few further years of experience and the technological power of current-gen hardware. Itching with anticipation... so to speak.
A Plague Tale: Requiem launches on PS5, PC, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch (via the cloud).
The post Rats’ Return: A Plague Tale: Requiem confirms October 18 release date appeared first on Destructoid.

More...