Add some Steam to the factory

Fantasy farmers will have a new way to mingle and mine in Rune Factory 5 soon. XSEED and Marvelous confirm today that Rune Factory 5 is getting a PC port on July 13.
The latest entry in the Rune Factory series launched earlier this year as a Nintendo Switch exclusive. The Steam version looks to be a similar offering. It's $59.99 for the standard edition (though it's currently on a pre-launch 15% discount) or $69.99 for the Digital Deluxe, which includes the Rune Factory 4 marriage candidates outfit set. Any pre-order also nets two cosmetic outfits and a New Ranger Care Package of items in-game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Edy6Bx_G8
Farming up a storm

If you're new to Rune Factory, it runs in a similar vein to Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley. The key difference is that Rune Factory puts a bit more of a focus on combat and exploring dungeons than the actual farming.
Depending on what you're looking for, that can be a positive or negative. In our review of the Switch launch, Rune Factory 5 seemed to be playing the hits, while not necessarily winning over new hearts thanks to falling into some familiar pitfalls. Things can get repetitive and basic at times too.
What a PC port might offer is a performance boost, which some might welcome. All-in-all, I was a big fan of Rune Factory 4 but stayed away from the next entry after hearing some early impressions of it. I'm hopeful the Steam version gives it enough of a boost to put it back on my radar.
Rune Factory 5 launches for PC via Steam on July 13, 2022.
The post Rune Factory 5 is coming to PC on July 13 appeared first on Destructoid.

More...