Attack in New Zealand

Anyone know if LLNZ is alright? Doesn't he live in Chirstchurch? I don't think we have to worry about him being in a mosque anywhere, but if he is in Christchurch, I'll bet he's been called into work.

Haven't heard from him in over 2 weeks now.

sup girlfriend's

Thanks for your concern. Been a bit busy with study (exams coming up shortly), end of year accounts and other shit so needed to get head out of arse and stop procrastinating - thus the no show.

With respect to the mosque - well, I was there, unfortunately. Picking up the pieces. In my job as an Intensive Care Paramedic I was one of the first on scene at this massacre in what can only be described as a scene of absolute horror and carnage. All in a days work they say. 40 years in the job, and boy I've seen some pretty heavy shit in that time, earthquakes included, but nothing can prepare you for this type of event. Some things you just can't unsee.

Ben's school is less than a kilometer from the scene and his and every other school in Christchurch was in lock down for the afternoon. He, along with all the other kids, were in absolute fear of the perpetrators still being on the run. It was unknown at that stage how many people were involved, what other targets were being made of and how it was going to pan out. As it was, 2 separate mosques were attacked in different parts of the city. Fortunately 36 minutes after the first shots were fired the lone wolf had been captured, not before he had killed 50 and seriously injured 50. Just fucking senseless and sad.

Needless to say, much beer has been drunk since. Back to work again tonight. Sleep must be had now.

Later

Glad to hear you and Ben are ok. Condolences to all those families down there.

Sorry you were in the thick of it L.

It's so shocking that this senseless craziness found its way down to NZ. Glad you and loved ones are alright LLNZ and I'm fucking honoured to be part of a server with people who make a positive difference in the world. Take care of yourself.