Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin Abuse

Admin Abuse

Tonight, I joined the server, as I have done for the past 3 1/2 years.

I joined RU team as the game started. Observed as RU team gained A then B, and held B. Watched 2rukus, fnbenis, and LLNZ join the US team from the U.S. I figured, it would be to help the US team gain some balance. Then, I watched as one of you turned on the Nade limit. AT this point RU team had a 300 point advantage. US team then steamrolled through B, and captured A. After this, the XN members did not change teams to balance the game again, and ONLY LLNZ changed teams after i brought it up in game. RU team lost that round 137 to 0.

Next game, I observed as only LLNZ was on our team (Still), and he and I were on US team. RU team gained A then B. U.S. team could not overcome the RU team at B and lost the round 625 to 0. I saw NO XN members help the U.S. team besides LLNZ. I saw no one turn on the nade limit.

You have, on this forum, as well as in game, talked about keeping the server balanced. Yet while 3 or 4 XN members were present, something like this happened. I can only see this as admin abuse. If you are going to turn the nade limit on, or assist the teams, then you need to set a standard. A standard that is FAIR TO ALL. Not just when it suits you.

I have played, like I said, for about 3 1/2 years on XN metro. I have accepted what has happened, good and bad, even defending fnbenis at times. But this time was too much. You XN members HAVE abused your authority to your gain. In this case, 2rukus and fnbenis, have benefited from this.

I will remind you that you need us as players to populate the server.

So I ask you, is this what we should expect on the server?

Here is a link to my battle log profile.http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3.../519347865/pc/
    I have about 5200 of my 5280 hours on this server with a 0.63 win/loss percentage. That is almost 9000 losses out of 17000 rounds on this server. As it says in chat on the server, "we turn on explosive limit from time to time, so don't cry about it". I'm sorry you lost a couple rounds, it'll be ok bud.
    Last edited by benis; 02-24-2019 at 01:24 AM.

You're here because you had a bad round .
    I wish my experience in game can make you feel better .
    Through my experience , Adm turn on the nade limit wont cause my team lost .
    Only "The will of just hold 2 flags and let the tickets leak" cause me lost .

They made a comeback , because they want 3 flags .
    They show me No mercy .
    And they will get what they want if my team only want to hold 2 flags .
    Last edited by Deadly_PewPew; 02-24-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Hi, I'm carlsjr, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_PewPew View Post
    You're here because you had a bad round .
    I wish my experience in game can make you feel better .
    Through my experience , Adm turn on the nade limit wont cause my team lost .
    Only "The will of just hold 2 flags and let the tickets leak" cause me lost .

They made a comeback , because they want 3 flags .
    They show me No mercy .
    And they will get what they want if my team only want to hold 2 flags .
    That may or may not be true. However, there are a couple of different factors in this issue which I am attempting to point out. Having an influx of people helping the opposing team when they need help, and the issue of the nade limit. In 99.9% of ALL cases, I support how the server is played when EITHER of these are enacted on the XN metro server. These tactics help the server, and typically will help balance out the teams. It will also give better team scores so you don't have a 500 point or more team score difference. THAT is where most people get a rush, knowing that they helped play a competitive game. I was a server admin for both BF1942, BF2142, BF2, and even BF3. I do have an idea about how a server should be run and being fair if you are going to keep it populated. What I saw made me question that. I wasn't the only one who had complaints either. Thus, I brought it up, first, in game, and since I got no satisfaction, I am bringing it up here.

People won't stick around if the game isn't competitive. Server stats will show that easily. And since BF3 is 6 years old, it is considered an older game and the population of players is shrinking immensely.

In this case, the issue is that BOTH the players helping AND turning on nade limit happened, and the game turned so quickly, and inexorably away from RU team's advantage. RU team had a hard time defending A and never truly got back on its feet after that. I was a one of several that had to respond to stop specifically fnbenis and 2rukus and a couple of others when they pretty much led the charge of the US forces and kept coming to our right flank. Worse in this case, was that only LLNZ came back to help the RU team, after it was completely apparent they had lost the initiative, and after requests from several on RU team to get people to help.

In this particular match, I didn't have a bad game. In all honesty, I had one of the best games (Literally, like the 2nd or third best I have ever done) I have ever had. Attempting to counter 2rukus and fnbenis is hard work (NO, I am not saying I did good at that, but it was still a challenge). But getting a good score isn't my best interest. Giving a fair chance to all involved is. In this case, RU TEAM got screwed.

Now, I don't have a problem with bad games. If you look me up, i have less than 50% win ratio in BF3, so I have just as many bad games as good games. So ,no, that is not the issue.

Nade limit is the same for both sides. Not sure how turning explosive limits on is considered admin abuse.
    Your 2nd point(next game) is not accurate either. LLNZ was not the only admin in the that round on your team. There was 2 admins on the US team that round. You must have been to upset from the nade limit the round before to see that.
    We do try to balance the rounds when we can. As you can see from our W/L ratios we constantly switch to the losing teams to help. Most players, like yourself , mainly care about winning, which is fine. You can play the game the way you want.
    I just don't see how limiting nades would be considered admin abuse.

The last point you made.
    So I ask you, is this what we should expect on the server?
    You can expect the admins to continue switching to the losing teams and turning on nade limit from time-to-time.

Thanks!
    Ruk

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rukus View Post
    Nade limit is the same for both sides. Not sure how turning explosive limits on is considered admin abuse.
    Your 2nd point(next game) is not accurate either. LLNZ was not the only admin in the that round on your team. There was 2 admins on the US team that round. You must have been to upset from the nade limit the round before to see that.
    We do try to balance the rounds when we can. As you can see from our W/L ratios we constantly switch to the losing teams to help. Most players, like yourself , mainly care about winning, which is fine. You can play the game the way you want.
    I just don't see how limiting nades would be considered admin abuse.

The last point you made.

You can expect the admins to continue switching to the losing teams and turning on nade limit from time-to-time.

Thanks!
    Ruk
    The particular game in question, LLNZ was the only one on my team. You might be thinking of the next map when Chi1ag07 joined, on my team.

As i stated in my last post, my biggest concern is to make a fair game and a COMPETITIVE GAME for all. Only thing I would care about, regarding winning is being able to win 50 percent of my games, thus giving others 50%, which, as you see, I have, or darn close. But what I don't agree with is that you made it go from one side winning by a reasonably large margin, to the opposite side winning, with a ticket balance go from +300 for RU to -134 for RU, do to your actions. Was that game competitive. In my book, yes, but that only applies to me, and to how hard i pushed to keep the damage from being catastrophic to our team. However, as you would look by the stats on the server, the same team kept winning time after time and having advantages such as fighting positions and getting flags because of your actions.

As I said, and as Benis would know, as he has already heard before, several times from me in the past, I don't care for a =/- margin of over 500 points. If we cant get within that, then one team is getting clownstomped. When one team is clownstomped, and has a -500 ticket margin, then I can almost guarantee you that almost every time that happens, they are pushed back to their main and spawncamped to no end. Yesterday, that second game where Ch1cag07 joined, we lost by 625 tickets. In that game, we never got any assistance via nade limit, or by anyone switching. This contradicts what you just posted about helping. You were in the game, as well as Benis, yet the whole game the US team was behind on points, to the point that they lost by 625 tickets and even lost C a couple of times. No one came to the rescue.

At this point, I am going to guess that you will say....we had LLNZ and Ch1cag07 on our team, and that would be enough to balance it out. Well, as the server report says, it did not.

I welcome the continuation of switching to the losing team and turning on nade limit, as long as it is uniformly applied to ALL GAMES, not just ones you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by byCarlsJr View Post
    Hi, I'm carlsjr, welcome to the forum.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by LLNZ View Post
    Who?
    Sigh... Sometimes it feels that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Grovelerwyrm View Post
    Tonight, I joined the server, as I have done for the past 3 1/2 years.
    Have you made a lot of donations to the server in 3 1/2 years?