PDA

View Full Version : No Explosives(inc hate)

americanrick
08-24-2015, 10:23 PM
Hi, long time player, first time poster. You may know me?

Anyway, just wanted to pop in a suggestion. Switching the server to no-explosives or very limited explosives.

First, Im sure the immediate rebuttal is that this favors my style of play or something to that affect. You wouldn't be wrong but not catering to the inverse explosive-spam-style seems like a better option to keep more fluidity in the a-b-c flag tug-o-war.

Secondly, server performance is directly related to what kind of burden the server is under. I see that you guys have mentioned at times these issues. Bf3 was a very poorly optimized game(lol so is bf4 consequently) and as such with all the calculations a server needs to make; excessive spam on the server bogs it down. Especially calculations involving hundreds of simultaneous explosions.. every.. single... second. A major reason why TDM canals servers perform better than 64 metros, shear amount of server calculation. Less spam, more positive server performance.

Three, perception that server population would wane with such a change. Easily dispelled notion. You're the last remaining 24/7 metro in the US. If somebody were to take that much exception to any non-explosive rule they would essentially have to stop playing Bf3 altogether. I don't foresee that happening.

Thanks for reading past my first sentence. Until my next voteban appeal, peace out.

chicago
08-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Rick, while I do appreciate your very long and insightful input on the matter, I can't help but wonder: why do you even care? Every time you have been on our server there has been what we call "The 3 Rick rules" and they are, not necessarily in any particular order, as follows:

1. Everyone that plays on this server are a bunch of "niggers", according to your choice of vocabulary.

2. Any time you get killed or have a bad game it's because of some other reason outside of you just having a bad game.

3. And last, but not least, my favorite... and I quote: "This server sucks and is fucking garbage, I don't know why I even play here". Yet you keep coming back and have put together a very insightful list of improving the server to your liking.

While I appreciate your efforts, here's the bottom line: if we decide to change the server you would have nothing to complain about on your stream. I feel that it would be an injustice to you and anyone that follows your stream, therefore, while your input is constructive, it is also completely ineffectual.

benis
08-25-2015, 10:32 PM
Lol, i had to look up ineffectual to make sure it's a word. I think that's the first time i have ever seen it used.