PDA

View Full Version : Wondering what happened, why so many kicked.

MeanGene236
08-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Last Thursday, or Friday about half of our team was kicked. By the time I got back in all I caught was the tail end of a threat to close down the server if.... and that was about it as it scrolled off of the screen. WTF was that about? Did half a team piss off an Admin or did the server get hacked? If it was the Admin what did we do and why was there no warning?

2Rukus
08-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Server was having issues. Network issues.
Admin didn't do anything.

MeanGene236
08-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Then why the warning after the fact about shutting down the whole fn server if what ever continued? That's just what I caught of it.

2Rukus
08-17-2015, 04:50 PM
It was all part of a joke that you must have missed....

chicago
08-18-2015, 05:15 AM
What you caught was a tail end of me and scuffy joking around. He was complaining that no one would rez him so i said "rez your buddy or I'm going to start kicking medics". Then the server dumped a quarter of our players. Like what was stated above, the server has been having some issues. So when everyone rejoined i said "see what will happen if you don't rez your buddies". Then i said, "that the server is still having some issues". You are the only one out of 63 players that didn't get the joke. We have a good community and we all have a good time joking around with all of our players and them with us. At no point would any of us admins kill our own server to top off a joke, nor do we have the ability to dump a block of people including only medics. I do however remember that your statement was "if this is how you guys operate i will no longer donate". I didn't reply back because i though the obvious would clue you in, i was wrong. So i apologize if the perfect timing of a good joke brought you any gaming discomfort.

MeanGene236
08-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Oh ok...Like I said I just caught it in passing and only for a couple of seconds, if that and ya the timing was a perfect storm. But sense I was one who lost contact I had to wonder if I had offended someone or did something which was more of my concern than anything else. I really appreciate you taking the time and clearing it up for me. THANKS!